Selling individually or collectively with the Ship Owner townhome.
A natural blend of traditional Danish and Caribbean architecture, this impressive residence located within the walls of the exclusive five-star Grand Bahama Yacht Club on the island of Grand Bahama is an escape like no other. Ownership also affords access to the world class facilities of the Bahama Reef Golf and Country Club. Truly, this is the future of luxurious living in the Bahamas…and all just a 45-minute flight from Miami.
Ideal Island Living
Welcome to The Boat House, an incredible tropical compound on one acre of lush property. Including three separate domains — all are replete with room for entertaining and relaxing to its fullest for an unparalleled island lifestyle. The main house boasts nearly 8,000 square feet of living space and features soaring 14-foot ceilings defined by 10-inch crown molding and warm Brazilian Ipe flooring. The upper floor of the main boat house is defined by an open living, kitchen, and dining concept, as well as the master suite, study, and powder room. An abundance of sleek cabinetry, Viking range, TEC broiler and Traulsen refrigeration creates a refined kitchen space. Wrap-around balconies surround the upper floor on three sides, offering brilliant views of the marina, while windows and doors crafted of solid Honduras mahogany give the retreat an island ambiance.
“Reef” the Benefits
Downstairs, two guest suites and a shared kitchen are located on the marina side, opening onto an expansive deck. This floor is accessible by way of an incredible, handcrafted mahogany staircase wrapped in its own circular tower. Beneath, the floor opens into an enchanting boat slip and lift area, warmly lit by the glow of antique chandeliers and engulfed in rich mahogany finishes and Ipe wood flooring. A climate-controlled wine cellar is hidden away underneath the staircase.
Danish Charm and Bahamian Soul
As if the boat house itself isn’t enough, an additional 1,220-square-foot guest cottage with one bedroom and one and a half bathrooms is positioned above the three-car garage. Nearly every room — living, kitchen and bedroom — opens onto the balcony, affording lovely views of the water. Bursting with Danish charm and modern amenities including a full kitchen accented with tumbled marble countertops and top-of-the-line appliances, this space is the perfect place to accommodate visitors who need a bit of privacy from the main home. To add to its character, the floors are all laid in Old Chicago Brick.
An additional, 600-square-foot studio with one-car garage is also located on the property. Perfect for use as a bonus room, additional living space, meditation room, or an artists studio, this bungalow is built of the same luxurious materials found throughout the rest of this incredible locale.
Should you need a proper way to get around the island, a traditional 36 ft. Hinckley Picnic Boat is also included as part of the $2.5M incentive. This handcrafted, jet-powered craft comes from one of the world’s best lines and speaks volumes to its owners appreciation of American boating history.
The Boat House Features
Located within the Five-Star Grand Bahama Yacht Club
Additional access to the Bahama Reef Golf and Country Club
Quick, 45-minute flight from Miami
Convenient to Grand Bahama International Airport, shopping, and downtown Freeport
- Traditional Danish and Caribbean architecture
- 3 bedrooms // 3 full and one half bathrooms
- Upper floor features master suite, study, and open living, dining, kitchen layout
- Spacious kitchen with Viking range, TEC broiler and Traulsen refrigeration
- Lower floor includes 2 guest suites and shared kitchen
- Expansive decks with marina views
- Enclosed boat slip with lift
- Honduras mahogany and Brazilian Ipe wood accents throughout
- Climate-controlled wine cellar
- Bang & Olufsen integrated home audio system with in-room controls
- Ceiling fans and automatic closet lighting in all rooms
- High efficiency air conditioning system
- Lush tropical landscaping // Outdoor entertaining hardscapes
- Boat slip at Grand Bahama Yacht Club included with sale
Garage and Studio
- 1,220sf guest cottage
- 1 bedroom // 1 full and 1 half bath located on upper level
- Full kitchen accented with tumbled marbled counters and top-of-the-line appliances
- Main rooms open onto balcony with marina views
- Old Chicago Brick flooring
- Large bonus Multi-purpose space
- 600sf studio
- 1 bedroom // 1 bathroom
- Extensive use of mahogany and Ipe wood accents
The Gatsby Hinckley Picnic Boat
- 36ft Hinckley Picnic Boat named “The Gatsby”
- Handcrafted, jet-powered craft from historic American boating line
- Incentives starting at $2.5M, which would include the Hinckley boat.
Ship Owner Townhome
- Steps away from The Boat House
- 3,000sf // 4 bedrooms // 3 full and 1 half bath
- Multiple balconies overlooking marina
- Ironwood floors // Venezuelan mahogany doors
This property is listed for sale by Sterling Bahamas Realty Limited (Broker Paul K. Lowe, Lic #380) – New Providence Financial Center, East Bay Street, PO Box N1812, Nassau, Bahamas (242) 677-1901. Concierge Auctions, LLC is the provider of auction marketing services – 777 S Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (888) 966-4759. The services referred to herein are not available to residents of any state where prohibited by applicable state law. Concierge Auctions LLC, its agents and affiliates, broker partners, Auctioneer, and the Sellers do not warrant or guaranty the accuracy or completeness of any information and shall have no liability for errors or omissions or inaccuracies under any circumstances in this or any other property listings or advertising, promotional or publicity statements and materials. This is not meant as a solicitation for listings. Brokers are fully protected and encouraged to participate. High bid subject to lender confirmation. Furnishings depicted in photography may differ from current, conveying furnishings. See Auction Terms and Conditions for more details.