Premier Estate in Palencia
Finished with the signature elegance of Gordon’s Castle, this exquisite home in the Santa Teresa neighborhood within private and gated Palencia boasts outstanding appointments and features. The design encompasses 5,712 square feet with an additional 1,200 square feet of outdoor entertainment areas under roof — all situated on an estate-sized homesite where majestic oaks provide a cool canopy lining the property’s perimeter and dotting the landscape and mere minutes from the heart of charming and historic St. Augustine.
- Exterior walls: 2×6″ frame construction
- Windows and French doors are bronze aluminum clad wood casement with impact hurricane resistant glass.
- Low-E insulated. Doors have three-point locking system.
- Textured stucco finish with banding and accents.
- Old world Monier Espana barrel tile roof.
- Entry Tower with metal, chocolate-colored roof.
- Imperials front door with decorative metal work and glass insert.
- Cast stone detailing at front door and entry tower.
- Natural stone front entry steps and vestibule.
- Three-car garage with storage area.
- Lanai, summer kitchen, evening deck, and pool deck are natural stone, with cast stone columns.
- Summer kitchen includes a 36″ Wolf professional stainless steel grill with rotisserie, stainless steel vented hood, under grill stainless steel doors, Sub Zero stainless steel refrigerator, stainless steel sink and granite countertop.
- Circular salt wash concrete driveway with paver accents, surrounding center fountain and beautiful oak trees.
- Paver walkways.
- Picturesque pool and elegant heated spa with waterfall and garden surounds.
- Screened enclosure at pool, lanais and summer kitchen.
- Expansive exterior iron railings at guest lanai and second-floor evening deck.
- Professionally-designed landscape with well supplied irrigation.
- Stained wood trim: three step crown molding and 7.5″ baseboards downstairs. One piece crown molding and 5.5″ baseboards upstairs. 3.5″ casing on windows and doors.
- Eight-foot stained hardwood doors throughout.
- Door hardware with decorative oil rubbed bronze finish.
- Elegant stone flooring in foyer, gallery hall, wine room, master bathroom, powder room, laundry room, and hall from garage.
- Wood floors sanded and finished with polyurethane sealer in living room, dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, gathering room, den/library, master bedroom and sitting room, master closets, stairs, upstairs hallway, loft, computer nook and game room.
- High density stain resistant designer carpet: guest suite, bedrooms three, four and five, and exercise room.
- Custom designed bedroom closets throughout.
- Ceilings are smooth finish throughout.
- 12″ ceilings throughout.
- Sweeping two-story foyer with gracious chandelier.
- Elegant curved wood staircase with custom wrought-iron railing.
- Adjacent living and dining rooms share an Isokern see through masonry wood burning fireplace (pre-plumbed for gas logs) with carved stone mantels flanked by matching stone archways on each side.
- Living room with step trey ceiling.
- Gallery wet bar with custom cabinets featuring hanging wine glass storage and handsome paneled backsplash. Sub Zero under counter refrigerator with icemaker.
- Wine alcove featuring a built-in dual zone, Subzero wine storage unit and decanting station.
- Den/library with French entry doors, stately walnut paneling and elaborate built-in features.
- Powder room/pool bath with unique furniture piece and travertine vessel sink.
- Gathering room with architecturally designed octagonal ceiling featuring stained wood & beams, built in entertainment center, Isokern masonry wood burning fireplace (pre-plumbed for gas logs) with stone surround and custom wood mantle.
- Guest room with French doors to lanai and pool.
- Laundry room.
- Solid wood custom cabinets with full overlay doors, intricate trim, large crown molding, under-cabinet lighting and Old World detailing.
- Exotic marble and granite countertops.
- Wolf 48″ stainless steel dual fuel gas range with two electric ovens, microwave, and warming drawer wall unit.
- Subzero 42″ side by side refrigerator/freezer.
- Bosch fully integrated quiet dishwasher, wood paneled to match custom cabinetry.
- Kohler water filtration system.
- Beautiful Franke farm sink and separate island prep sink with oiled rubbed bronze plumbing fixtures.
- Spacious walk-in pantry with custom designed shelving.
Master Bedroom and Master Bath:
- Elegant master bedroom includes a separate spacious sitting room.
- His & hers walk-in closets.
- Luxurious master bathroom includes:
- Natural stone flooring throughout.
- Vanities with furniture detailing and beautiful marble countertops.
- Oil rubbed bronze plumbing fixtures.
- Art quality mirrors.
- Large walk in shower with glass enclosure and stained glass window.
- Freestanding designer tub with champagne massage. Tub fixtures with Old World detail.
- Separate water closet with elongated toilet and bidet.
Guest Suite and Second Bed and Bath Features:
- Old World design and detailing found in all baths.
- Cast iron tubs or custom showers.
- Upgraded faucets, art quality mirrors, and elongated toilets in all baths.
- Guest bath boasts an elegant furniture piece with extensive inlaid wood, marble top & charming vessel sink.
- Baths three and four with period detail pedestal sinks, 8″ deep Robern recessed medicine cabinets, and private linen closets.
- Bath five has an exquisitely carved furniture piece with marble vanity top.
- Porcelain tile installed over Denshield backer board in all baths.
- Bedroom five has a French door leading to evening deck.
Second Floor Features:
- 10′ ceilings throughout.
- Game room with wet bar and granite countertop, Subzero under counter refrigerator, and elegant built-in cabinets wired for plasma TV and stereo. French door leading to evening deck.
- Exercise Room with French doors to evening deck.
- Three Bedrooms and three baths.
- 400 amp electrical service.
- Pre-wired structured wiring package per plans, including cable & satellite TV.
- Whole house security system.
- Pre-wired surround sound in gathering room and game room. Stereo throughout home.
- Classic designer light fixtures and fans throughout.
- R-30 ceiling insulation batts and blown cellulose over attic for complete seal and R-19 wall insulation.
- Foil back roof sheeting to reflect heat – making attic area cooler.
- Trane high efficiency heating systems with 14 SEER cooling systems, variable speed air handlers with programmable digital thermostats and optional clean effects system – (2) Natural Gas units, (1) Electrical unit.
- Low-E double insulated impact glass doors and windows.
- Two 75 gallon quick recovery water heaters – (1) Natural Gas unit, (1) Electrical unit.
- Off-ridge roof ventilation system.
- Met Florida Power & Light BuildSmart Energy Certifications upon completion in 2008.
- Entire structure met new Florida Uniform Building Codes and Southern Building Codes upon completion in 2008.
- Structure engineered by licensed structural engineer to meet or exceed the latest hurricane codes in 2008.
- Termidor termite pre-treatment and damage repair coverage.
- In-wall pest defense system.
- House plumbed for central vac system.
- Pre-plumbed for water softener loop.
About the Area
The captivating natural beauty of this land was originally discovered by Juan Ponce de Leon nearly 500 years ago when he explored it and named the region “Pascua de Florida.” Woven into this stunning natural setting along the west bank of Florida’s Intracoastal Waterway are exquisitely-designed homes; an abundance of amenities; and a bustling town center. Designed with environmental integrity and rich architectural detailing, Palencia has quickly captured the hearts and minds of discerning homebuyers.
The 2,350-acre master-planned community offers a full-spectrum of home sites plus ancillary retail and office opportunities along with more than 33 acres of parks, trails and open areas. Anchoring the community is a 40-acre Village Center and The Palencia Club, featuring a 33,000 square foot clubhouse and spectacular Arthur Hills-designed championship golf course.
Palencia Club Amenities:
The gracious amenities of Palencia are far beyond the ordinary, from championship golf, tennis, swimming and fitness, to sports fields, club facilities and 8 miles of inviting nature trails and boardwalks. If it were not for the enticing beaches and nearby charm of Old St. Augustine, you may never want to leave home.
- The Palencia Golf Clubhouse with 33,000 square feet of dining, shopping and banquet facilities, including member’s dining room, informal bar and grill overlooking the golf course and a public cafe with outdoor seating that spills onto the Village Green.
- 72-par, 18-hole Championship Arthur Hills Golf Course.
- Full-service golf Pro-shop.
- Ten lighted, Hydro-Grid Har-Tru Tennis Courts.
- Private Tennis Instruction offered by a staff of three professionals.
- Over 20 different competitive tennis teams.
- 3 baseball diamonds, soccer field, basketball court, children’s “pirate” playground and family pavilion.
- 8 Miles of Multi-Use Paths including raised boardwalks that connect neighborhoods and provide residents with an incredible walk over the marshes of the Tolomato River…right out to the river’s edge.
- 3 Swimming Pools – including one with a water tower and two-story slide and another with 8 lanes that’s home to the Palencia Piranhas Swim Team.
- State-of-the-art fitness facility equipped with cardio and strength training equipment, two aerobics rooms, a child watch room, and locker rooms.
- Fitness Classes which include Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, Aqua Aerobics, Tone & Stretch, Cardio Blast, Stretch & Abs, Certified Personal Training.
- Controlled Access Gatehouses serve portions of the community.
- A network of neighborhood parks with playgrounds, bench swings and much more.
- Over 300 acres of conservation areas preserve the streams, forests and marshes of Palencia for generations to come.
- Coming 2012: A new St. Johns County neighborhood elementary school integrated into the fabric of the community.
- St. Augustine Historic District
- St. Augustine Outlet Malls
- Avenues Mall
- St. John’s Town Center
- Serenata Beach Club
- Jacksonville Int’l Airport
- St. Augustine Airport
- World Golf Hall of Fame
- TPC at Sawgrass
- New Elementary School at Palencia (opens 2012)
- Mill Creek Elementary
- Pacetti Bay Middle School
- Nease High School
- Jacksonville University
- Flagler College
- Univ. of North Florida
- Flagler Hospital
- Baptist South
- Mayo Clinic
Santa Teresa Community
Santa Teresa is a spectacular neighborhood featuring some of Palencia’s most expansive home sites and prime intracoastal and nature preserve views. Magnificent estate homes are nestled among centuries-old hardwood trees, showcasing how beautifully the homes in Palencia are created in harmony with the area’s natural splendor. An extensive network of boardwalks, hiking trails, and bike paths take you on a scenic journey through moss-draped hammocks and pristine tidal marsh vistas. Excerpts from VivaPalencia.com
St. Augustine, Florida
On August 28, the Feast Day of Saint Augustine, Don Pedro Menendez de Aviles first sighted the coast of Florida. Twelve days later, on September 8, he stepped ashore, planted the Spanish flag into the sandy soil and, with soldiers and settlers who had traveled with him and Timicuans who greeted his arrival watching, Menendez founded a new city and named it St. Augustine. The year was 1565.
From that day until today, the City of St. Augustine has continued to survive and thrive, making it the longest continually inhabited European founded city in the United States, or more commonly called the “Nation’s Oldest City.” Today St. Augustine continues to thrive and prosper as it proudly proclaims over four centuries of history that includes Spanish and English, Greek and Minorcan, Native American and African American influences.
A visitor to St. Augustine may delve into the city’s history by visiting one of many museums depicting the way of life of early Spanish colonists, or may choose to simply enjoy the feel of history by strolling the narrow old world streets. Even if history is not a center of interest, visitors cannot help but appreciate the rich heritage that makes St. Augustine a unique getaway.
When visiting St. Augustine, the perfect first stop is the St. Augustine/St. Johns County Visitor Information Center. From this central facility, one may plan a day-long or a week-long stay as helpful guides will answer questions about museums, historical sites, transportation, guided tours, restaurants, shopping opportunities, recreation and lodging.
St. Augustine attractions have something for everyone! Discover historical battle sites and forts, museums, children’s attractions,natural parks, beaches, golf courses and many guided tours. Find both modern and historical things to do in St. Augustine with a wide-range of attractions. Ready to go sailing, fishing, or play a round of golf? St. Augustine, Florida has a wide variety of family activities. Rent a jetski, parasail over the beach, or go windsurfing. In St. Johns County, family fun is right around the corner. From historical festivals to local arts & crafts and free concerts, there is something for everyone. Taste delicious and unique foods at a variety of fine dining, casual, outdoor, and waterfront restaurants. Land great gifts at our intriguing shops along St. George Street and at the outlet malls. Thrill the kid in you with our ghost tours and family attractions. Explore the Castillo de San Marcos, the old Spanish fort. All the exciting attractions in St. Augustine, Florida will keep you coming back for more. Locals and visitors alike can share in the modern day festivities of the Nation’s Oldest City. Excerpts from Augustine.com and StAugustineGovernment.com
Situated along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, northeast Florida has been home to a diverse population dating back to the Timuquan Indians around 2000 B.C. Today, towering skyscrapers line the St. Johns River, and Jacksonville is home to three U.S. Navy bases, many major corporations, the Tournament of Players Championship, the Jacksonville Jaguars National Football League team and three minor league sports teams.
Jacksonville’s population exceeds 1 million. Residents of this financial and medical capital of the South enjoy the temperate climate, year-round leisure activities and miles of clean, sparkling beaches. Jacksonville attracts many visitors for surfing, swimming, wind- surfing, fishing and waterskiing. Jacksonville has a diversified economy that includes service, transportation, medical and insurance industries.
The city’s annual employment growth rate is 4.7 percent, while unemployment, at 3.6 percent, is consistently below both state and national levels. Its housing market is ranked as one of the most affordable in the country. By combining all city services in the late 1960s, when Jacksonville’s citizens voted to consolidate city and county government, taxes and municipal costs were greatly reduced. Also, Florida has no state income tax.
Jacksonville offers five-star restaurants, resorts and other leisure activities. Its geographical location puts it close to many cultural, entertainment and historic centers in both Florida and Georgia. Elegant Savannah and exotic Amelia Island lie to the north, while St. Augustine, the oldest city in the United States and home of the new World Golf Village, lies to the south.
Just two and one-half hours away is Orlando, home of the Disney theme parks, Universal Studio and Sea World. Although the median age of Jacksonville’s population is 32.7, the city is ripe with cultural diversity and a historic tradition. Jacksonville has five regional shopping centers, a zoo, two major museums, eight galleries, a symphony orchestra, and several theaters and nightclubs. The educational system offers nearly 250 public and private schools and 14 regionalcolleges and universities.
The nationally famous Jacksonville Jazz Festival is held each year in Metropolitan Park, and the well known Jazz Keyboard Competition is held annually at the Florida Theatre.
Disclaimer: This property is listed by Palencia Realty, LLC (CQ1013532) – 605 Palencia Club Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32095, (904) 599-9011. Concierge Auctions LLC is a marketing service provider for auctions and is a licensed Florida Real Estate Corporation (CQ1032600) and Auction Business (AB2760) – 777 S Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, (888) 966-4759. Auctioneer Frank Trunzo (AU2328). Concierge Auctions LLC, its agents and affiliates, broker partners, auctioneer, and sellers do not warrant or guaranty the accuracy or completeness of any information and shall have no liability for errors or omissions or inaccuracies under any circumstances in this or any other property listings or advertising, promotional or publicity statements and materials. This is not meant as a solicitation for listings. Brokers are fully protected and encouraged to participate.