About the Property
Perfectly poised with a 360-degree view of the Malibu coastline, this 10.2-acre architectural compound was clearly designed for lofty living. Each detail of this contemporary, gated estate, with five unique buildings encompassing a total of 10,500 square feet, melds this top-of-the-world oasis into the pristine peaks of Malibu. Originally offered for $12.5M, the seller has agreed to accept an opening bid as satisfaction of the reserve requirement, so the property will now sell to the highest bidder on May 30th.
Also selling separately: The adjacent, 10-acre lot, with completed plans for another architecturally-significant home and separate guest suite.
Mountain top. Pacific Ocean. Open view. Picture-perfect – by design.
When you reach the top of the 650-foot-long drive a grand entry truly awaits — the magnitude of this magnificent glass and steel estate reflects both the passion of the architect and the beauty of nature. Designed by Busch Design Build, as three volumes connected by two towers, this elegantly scaled three-story home, abutting the Santa Monica Federal Park, features water roofs, skylights, French limestone flooring, the latest in high-tech media and a gated entry for privacy and added security. From the 8′ x 20′ gate — to the pools, lights, hybrid security system and climate controls — this computer-controlled compound puts comfort and command in the palm of your hand.
1,250 square feet of rest and relaxation. And a heavenly view, too.
With an 8′ x 8′ retractable roof over the custom-designed high-tech master bed, 10′ ceilings, walnut hardwoods, three-sided wood-burning fireplace, plasma televisions, cedar-lined birch cabinets, skylights, motorized shades, custom limestone countertops, shower and extra deep tub, and a viewing terrace overlooking the canyon, you may never leave this truly masterful suite.
The three studios offer 16′ roll-up garage doors, 12′ ceilings, viewing deck of the ocean, koi ponds and fountains, polished concrete floors downstairs and distressed walnut and leather floors upstairs, custom steel railings, stereo system, two-sided fireplace, fireproof storage, full gym, guest suite with full kitchen and viewing deck of the mountains, and a planted roof.
This mountain oasis combines a 110,000+ gallon filtered, salt-water pool with slate tile, eight-person spa, a lounging terrace, koi ponds, waterfalls, a zen garden, full exterior low-voltage lighting systems, and is a horticultural lover’s dream. Bask in the Cali sun as you stroll amongst lemon, olive, plum, cherry, pear, pine, oak, sycamore and walnut trees and over 1000 drought tolerant plants from around the world.
Mad About Malibu
Work and relaxation — This Malibu mountain escape truly affords the best of both worlds. Just steps from the ocean, for sailing, surfing or strolling down the beach. 30 minutes to Santa Monica. One hour to LAX or downtown Los Angeles for world-class shopping, golfing, dining and entertainment.
Both properties are selling with the option of a membership to the Malibu West Swim Club, complete with private, white sand beach, club house, bathrooms and conference rooms. Now that’s California dreaming.
- Square Footages
- Main House: 4,575sf
- Guest House: 1,200sf
- Offices: 1,250sf
- Studio: 2,750sf
- Garage: 750sf
- Total (Gross): 10,525sf
- Three to Seven bedrooms
- Situated on over 10.2 acres
- Property abuts Santa Monica Federal Park
- Designed by Busch Design Build, Inc.
- Landscape Architecture by Buell Hensley, Dana White and Lori Bruce
- Custom 8-foot X 20-foot wood & steel entry gate
- Private water well with four 7,500-gallon tanks and one 5,000-gallon rain water collection tank
- 650-foot long 20-foot driveway and fire road with pool solar heating embedded
- Four private fire hydranks
- 2-inch fire line around perimeter with 1.5-inch hose hookups
- Custom water purification system
- Parking for 20+ cars
- Oversized 21-foot propane tank
- Two propane backup generators
- Water roof over Media Room and Living Room, Dining Room and Kitchen with roof top fireplace, herb gardens and sleeping loft
- Designed as three rectangular volumes connected by two towers with an elevator, perfectly proportioned and scaled, open to explosive views while maintaining intimacy & privacy
- One high-efficiency, on-demand water heater and one 40-gallon high-efficiency water heater
- Three high-efficiency furnaces and air conditioning systems with electronic air cleaners
- High-speed Optical Vios Internet
- Crestron Computer Systems: iPad and iPhone-controlled climate for all buildings (heat/ac and fresh air); pool heat, lights and filtration systems; jacuzzi jets, heat and lights; electronic window shades; four security cameras, three internet cameras and front gate camera; upper pond lights; and Hybrid security system
- Entry: 4-foot X 4-foot skylight, 5-foot X 9.5-foot custom pivot door (steel & Ipe wood), French limestone flooring
- Living Room: freestanding & cantilevered, 12-foot concrete fireplace (20 yards of concrete in five pours)
- Powder Room: Phillippe Starck toilet, limestone counter top, vessel bowl sink
- Kitchen: 4-foot X 7-foot center islands with breakfast bar, solid birch cabinetry, honed French limestone countertops, Rojo Alicante marble custom sinks, St. Clair limestone floors, two Miele stainless dishwashers, Sub-Zero 48-inch refrigerator, Sub-Zero wine refrigerator, two Sub-Zero 700 Series refrigerator drawers, two Thermador conventional ovens with microwaves built in, 6-burner Thermador cooktop, custom stainless hood for indoor grilling, stainless custom pulls, 4-foot X 8- foot skylight, vegetable sink
- Lower Bathroom: steam shower, walnut travertine (cross cut, long vein), Villeroy & Bosh for Dornbracht fixtures and faucet, dual glazed skylight.
- Master Bedroom: 10-foot celings, hyper allergenic (organic latex, cotton and wool) custom high-tech, motorized beds, walnut hardwood floors, three-sided wood burning fireplace with log lighter, 8-foot X 8-foot retractable roof over bed, electronic motorized custom shades, private deck with viewing terrace, enclosed yard with Alsonite fences, custom cedar-lined birch cabinets limestone (Swiss coffee) countertop, custom steel-framed makeup area overlooking Zuma Beach and beyond, skylights in dressing area and water closet, linen closets and storage
- Master Bath: limestone oversized countertops with his and her sinks, two Roburn cabinets with heated mirrors, prescription lock-up safe and electric plugs, custom birch cabinets, custom 8-foot white laminate glass doors, custom limestone extra deep soaking tub with motorized drains, 8-foot X 9-foot custom shower with dual Hans Grohe heads, temperature controls and body sprays, door to outside from shower to view the mountains, and Philippe Starck wall-hung toilet and bidet
- Media Room and Bedroom/Office: 12-foot steel window seat perforates exterior wall with head-on ocean views, 10-foot ceilings, aluminum baseboards, Douglas fir floors, white laminate glass custom doors, furniture by Grace Home, 125-inch projection system, timber bamboo courtyard, stainless steel custom art eyeballs
- Elevator and Library Tower: smooth trowel cement stair tower with custom stairs and book cases with leather floors, steel construction elevator shaft with dual-glazed custom honey combed panels, Nelson banana light, custom carpeting, gun port windows, two 4-foot X 5-foot skylights, custom white laminate glass Douglas fir wood doors, and track lighting system for art
- Laundry Room: Maytag Neptune washing machine and two dryers, Italian limestone countertops, built-in custom cabinets and ironing board, and dual-glazed skylights
- Three studios in two separate buildings
- 16-foot aluminum and glass roll-up garage doors
- Custom steel railings
- Nelson banana lighting
- Polished concrete floors on ground levels
- Distressed wide-plank walnut flooring on upper levels
- 12-foot ceilings
- Planted roof
- Kitchenette area with built-in Miele cappuccino machine
- Oversized washer and dryer
- Fire restricted (three-hour) document storage
- Custom book cases, drawer and refrigerator units
- 12-foot X 6-foot custom Fleetwood window unit
- Viewing deck off office of ocean, koi and turtle ponds
- Two-sided wood burning fireplace with log lighter
- Gym, guest suite, storage, bath, a/c and internet
- Catwalk from studio to guest house with additional private entrance
- Views of the Santa Monica Mountains and Pacific Ocean
- Huge viewing deck with views of Santa Monica Federal Park and mountains
- Distressed wide plank walnut hardwood floors
- Custom Douglas fir cabinets
- Kitchen: stainless Miele dishwasher, stainless Franke farmer sink, two burner cooktop, Viking refrigerator, convection oven/microwave, breakfast bar, walk-in closet
- Guest Bath: onyx custom shower with bench, onyx countertop, frameless glass shower door, and European architectural fixtures
- 110,000+ gallon filtered, new technology saltwater pool
- 75-foot swimming lane
- Spa seats 8 and includes foot, calf, lower and upper back jets
- Spa link controller (conveniently placed)
- Three 2.5 hp motors
- Two filter systems
- Two heaters
- High-tech solar heated dual system for pool
- Auto-fill on pool and spa
- Slate tile surrounding pool area
- Pool equipment room with storage and planted roof
- Polished concrete floor and 15-foot bar countertop
- Stainless BBQ (grand turbo with rotisserie)
- Stainless refrigerator, drawers and sink
- Dressing room with custom bench
- Four-person sauna
- Limestone shower and Phillippe Starck toilet and sink
- 250,000 gallons between pool, pond and water roofs
- Infinity edge water roofs with patio in the middle
- Two propane generators for outages
- Interior fire sprinkler system
- Full drainage and irrigation systems
- Outdoor zen garden and seating area
- Yucca walk to views of the ocean
- High-bred tropical lillies and lotus
- Full exterior low voltage lighting systems
- 16 lemon trees, 100 olive trees, flowering plum trees, flowering cherry trees, flowering pear trees, sycamore trees, California oak trees, California walnut trees and pine trees from around the world
- Over 1,000 varieties of imported drought-tolerant plants from all over the world
This property is listed for sale by Dustin Cumming (Lic #01892978) and Danelle Lavin (Lic #01880892) of Hilton & Hyland Real Estate Inc (Lic #01160681) – 250 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (310.278.3311). Auctioneer Frank Trunzo (CA Bond #511522). Concierge Auctions, LLC is the provider of auction marketing services (CA Bond #511475) – 777 S Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (888) 966-4759. The services referred to herein are not available to residents of any state where prohibited by applicable state law. Concierge Auctions LLC, its agents and affiliates, broker partners, Auctioneer, and the Sellers do not warrant or guaranty the accuracy or completeness of any information and shall have no liability for errors or omissions or inaccuracies under any circumstances in this or any other property listings or advertising, promotional or publicity statements and materials. This is not meant as a solicitation for listings. Brokers are fully protected and encouraged to participate. See Auction Terms and Conditions for more details.