Set against the dramatic backdrop of Wyoming’s breathtaking and awe-inspiring scenery in an area some might argue truly is the last, best place, lies the Teton Canyon Ranch. Set to the west of its famous namesake, the Grand Teton Mountain range, the ranch property is nestled among aspen groves and flowing streams in charming Alta, Wyoming on Ski Hill Road— quite simply one of the Best land parcels to ever become available in the Jackson Hole area. Encompassing over 140 acres in total, these four 35 acres parcels are one of a kind properties being offered for only the second time since their original homesteading over 100 years ago. With all of the key elements required in a legacy ranch property — live water, spectacular Grand Tetons views, a plethora of wildlife, aspen groves and towering pines, national forest access, unsurpassed privacy and a convenient location to all the amenities and recreation of Jackson Hole, the Teton Canyon Ranch is nothing short of astounding. Surrounded almost entirely by Caribou-Targhee National Forest and the last property at the base of the Grand Targhee Ski Resort, enjoy world-class fisking, hiking, biking, hunting, horseback riding, skiing, and cross-country skiing out your own back door. Like the views of the Tetons, the opportunities are endless.
Grand Tetons. Grander Opportunity.
Welcome to an opportunity as grand as the Tetons themselves; a place where every angle is worthy of a postcard and every parcel tells a story. Once the original campsite for the Hayden surveyors who explored the region in the 1870s and eventually founded Yellowstone National Park, this property is brimming with history, beauty, and long-term security. Surrounded on three sides by national forests and Grand Teton National Park — park trailheads can be accessed directly from the property — the Ranch is as close to an inholding as can be found in the area. It’s hard to believe such a property exists just minutes to the slopes of world-class skiing, the Driggs-Reed Memorial Airport and the Teton Aviation Center, a fullservice FBO for Teton Valley, Jackson Hole and the Yellowstone area.
The Time is Now
Mother nature has done her part, creating the natural beauty that exists today. No more will ever come into existence. For the first and last time, the Teton Canyon Ranch is being offered in four separately platted parcels in excess of 35 acres each — all with stunning views of the Tetons and Idaho’s sweeping Teton Valley and access to national parks — an extraordinary opportunity to own your dream legacy ranch in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Currently zoned agricultural with low Wyoming taxes (Wyoming is one of just seven states with no income tax), each parcel is individually deeded allowing maximum flexibility for several development options, including significant tax benefits for the Conservation Buyer. View Parcel Map
Teton Range // $3.7M // 36.12 acres
With plentiful, established 36.12 acres of agricultural fields and access to Pratt Canal, this parcel is also an opportunity to continue current income-generating farming leases if desired. Long views of the entire property and a large pond make the Teton Range Parcel an incredibly scenic offering. You’ll love the sights, sounds and access to Teton Creek as its waters rush along the full southern edge of the land.
Teton Views // $4M // 35.31
Adjacent to the Ski Hill Road, the Teton Views Parcel offers quick access to the nearby Grand Targhee Ski Resort and crystal clear views of Treasure Mountain. Beautiful boulders dot the 35.31 acres — per fect for use in your future rustic landscape planning or to leave as found by mother nature. Additionally, the property has been leased for several years as a grazing pasture and the opportunity to continue this income-generating farming is available if desired.
Teton Creek // $4.5M // 35.15
With over 760 feet of direct access to Teton Creek, proximity to Targhee National Forest, and incredible towering lodge pole pines bordering its perimeter, the 35.15 acres of Teton Creek parcel is the perfect setting for the generational rancher looking to build. A nearly perfect location with stellar views of Grand Targhee Ski Resort and Table Mountain, this piece of Wyoming heaven is a more intimate setting with the Teton Canyon Ranch.
Mills Creek // $4.2M // 35.38
Covered with gleaming narrow white Aspen trees, the 35.38 acres of Mill Creek Parcel offer direct access to the Grand Teton Mountains and Mill Creek, for which this parcel is named. In addition to its beauty, this parcel features irrigation streams running through the property. This flat and wide parcel is just beckoning for a home-on-the range.
The Teton Canyon Ranch is in the center of some of the best recreation in the world. Breathtaking hikes on trails laced with wildflowers, exhilarating biking, rushing rivers for rafting, ribbons of morning skies speckled with hot air balloons, some of the finest golf courses and cutthroat dry fly fishing in the world — are steps away from the Ranch.
Adjacent to the property are groomed Nordic ski trails into the surrounding National Forest. Yellowstone National Park is just a scenic car ride away. And, of course, there’s the skiing. The Grand Targhee Ski Resort is like your own private ski resort up the hill. Nestled in a family oriented village with a majestic playground for adventure, the Resort famous for its bountiful supply of champagne snow, accumulating over 500 inches annually with nearly 2,000 acres of skiable terrain. Alta, located on the west side of the Teton Range, is only accessed through Teton Valley, Idaho, yet offers the tax advantages of owning property in Wyoming — and a variety of activities, genuine western hospitality with family values, scenic beauty and commitment to sustainability. More at TetonCanyonRanch.com
Teton Canyon Ranch Features
- One of the finest land offerings to become available in Jackson Hole area // Only 2 owners in its history
- Over 140 acres, offered in 4 separately platted parcels in excess of 35 acres each
- Offered for only the second time in its 100+ years of ownership // An original homestead property
- All parcels feature stunning views of Grand Tetons and Idaho’s sweeping Teton Valley
- Historic property
Alta, WY Location
- Set to the west of the Grand Teton Mountain Range in charming Alta, Wyoming on Idaho side of the mountain range
- Beauty that will never be touched // Surrounded on three sides by National Forest
- Panoramic views across the valley to the Big Hold Mountain range to the West
- Minutes to Driggs-Reed Memorial Airport and Teton Aviation Center
- Wyoming is 1 of 7 states with no income taxes
- Residential development & conservation opportunities
- Surveyed for 4 individual home sites
- Bordered on three sides by national forests and the Teton Creek
- Property offers all of the key elements required in legacy ranch property — live water, spectacular mountain views, wildlife, plant life, national forest access, unsurpassed privacy, convenient location
- Currently zoned as agricultural
- Located near the base of the Grand Targhee Ski Resort Mins to slopes of world-class skiing
- Center of some of the best recreation in the world
- World-class fishing, hiking, biking, hunting, horseback riding, golfing, rafting, skiing, cross country, and snowshoeing skiing right outside own back door
- Groomed Nordic ski trails into surrounding National Forest adjacent to the Ranch
- Variety of family-friendly activities in Alta
- Long views of entire Teton Canyon Ranch
- Incredibly scenic with large pond
- Plentiful, established agricultural fields // Quonset
- Irrigation streams running through property
- Opportunity to continue current income-generating farming leases if desired
- Access to Teton Creek & Pratt Canal
- Adjacent to Ski Hill Road
- Quick access to nearby Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Crystal clear views of Treasure Mountain
- Beautiful boulders dotting the land
- Opportunity to continue leasing as grazing pasture
- Adjacent to Targhee National Forest
- Over 760 feet of direct access to Teton Creek
- Towering lodge pole pines
- Irrigation streams running through property
- Incredible views of Grand Targhee Ski Resort & Table Mountain
- Perfect setting for generational rancher looking to build
- Gleaming narrow white Aspen trees dot the landscape
- Direct access to the Grand Teton Mountains
- Irrigation streams running through property
- Mill Creek runs through property
- Flat and wide parcel
This property is listed for sale by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty – 185 West Broadway, P.O. Box 3281, Jackson, WY, 83001 (190200), (307) 733-9009. Listing agent Daniel T. Willert (3184). Concierge Auctions LLC is a marketing service provider for auctions and is a licensed Wyoming Real Estate broker (190600) – 777 S Flagler Drive, W Palm Beach, FL 33401 (888) 966-4759. Concierge Auctions LLC, its agents and affiliates, broker partners, auctioneer, and sellers do not warrant or guaranty the accuracy or completeness of any information and shall have no liability for errors or omissions or inaccuracies under any circumstances in this or any other property listings or advertising, promotional or publicity statements and materials. This is not meant as a solicitation for listings. Brokers are protected and encouraged to participate. ©2014 Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. All Rights Reserved. Sotheby’s International Realty and the Sotheby’s International Realty logo are registered (or unregistered) service marks used with permission. Each Sotheby’s International Realty office is independently owned and operated. Neither Sotheby’s, Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC nor any of their affiliated companies is providing any product or service in connection with this auction event.